• Latest News

    Monday, April 13, 2015

    I Have No Beef With AY, Basketmouth Says


    For some time now, the rumour mill has been grinding with stories of a cold war between ace comedians Basketmouth and AY. The rumours reached a crescendo when Basketmouth was spotted at the venue of an AY gig on Easter Sunday but didn’t make his way into the venue. Many fans had thought Basketmouth was at the venue for the show but were left disappointed after the dreadlocks-wearing laughter merchant drove off in a waiting car after taking pictures with fans and admirers alike.

    In a chat with the Punch, Basketmouth (real name Bright Okpocha) has said stories of animosity between himself and AY (real name Ayodeji Richard Makun) are unfounded. He said he wasn’t on the cards to perform at AY’s show.

    “I was not booked to appear at AY’s show. My name was not publicised as part of the people to be at the show. It is not about comedians being united; AY did his show and never mentioned that Basketmouth would perform, so why would people expect me to be there? It doesn’t make sense.”

    He added that he was billed to perform at another show on the day, in any case. “It was just a coincidence that I was at the venue of the show while it was ongoing. I could not even be a guest at AY’s show because I had another gig on that day I was rushing off to.

    “The way we think in this country is very funny. You go to the market to buy a Mercedes and hope to get a Rolls Royce engine. It is not possible. They sold a product and said that some people would perform, so why should people expect that I would be there? There is no beef between AY and I. I am an easy going person and I’m very cordial with everybody,” he said.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: I Have No Beef With AY, Basketmouth Says Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Global NewsBase
    Scroll to Top